Monday, November 15, 2010

Music I am listening to...

This week, i am listening to...

Teenage Dream, sung by Darren Criss, from Glee. i can't help myself, i love this song. The original, by the always amusing Katy Perry, kind of fell below my radar, but i love the gender bending in this version, and the (sort of dreamy in a non-pervy way) Darren Criss has a ridiculously pure voice. i am more then interested to see what they have him sing next.

The Mad Men Theme Song, with a twist. Not sure if there is a single on this one, but the video is a fun watch, and the singer, Allison Williams, is the daughter of Brian Williams, the news anchor. It is two songs mashed up, "A Beautiful Mine" by RJD2 and "Nature Boy", an old standard. According to the video information, this was filmed in one take, no cuts, no lip-syncing or auto-tuning. very impressive.

"All I Want" by Ahn Trio, sung by Susie Suh. I don't know too much about these ladies, other then the musicians are sisters. This song is haunting to me.

I am also currently obsessed with Better Off as 2 and 3 Little Words by Frankmusik, a british electropop musician. Very Pet Shop boys, eighties europop sensibilities.

Ruby Tuesday, Sympathy for the Devil and Gimme Shelter, all by the Rolling Stones. I have been in a Stones mood lately. Weird, right? Especially since I have been listening to Glee songs. Oh well. Anyway, within the last few years I have been getting into some older stuff, and the Stones have quickly become a favorite of mine. I also think that they use some of "Ruby Tuesday" in glee, for sad background piano music. I might be nutty though.


5 comments:

Jaimee said...

I blame myself for letting Teenage Dream fall below your radar. If I had sent you this video that never would have happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm_n3hg-Gbg

jaytee said...

OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING.

jaytee said...

hahaha, he has a million of these. also, he is not very good at all. and lastly, i do like the Katy Perry version too.

Unknown said...

(Re-doing this, since I got a weird error the first time.) Ha. That little nugget was on Chelsea Handler the other night.

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v91561_chelsea-lately-keenan-cahill-and-cent.html

Also, I'm mad that I can't seem to get the Glee version on Amazon MP3 yet.

Also, http://www.towleroad.com/2010/11/watch-glee-all-guy-teenage-dream-dance-remix-and-video.html

Also, that's all I've got.

(P.S. I lied. Also, my coworker just put this on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlW5c4tInvY)

jaytee said...

1. i was just about to look for this, so yay for linking to it for me. he is sort of awesome.

2. how do you not have a go-around for finding music?

3. saw this this morning, i like it, but they neglect to focus on mr. dreamy enough.

4. he is kind of cute, but about half way through i got creeped out by all 12 of him. but awesome singing. and all the other stuff. Also, if you watch the whistling screens on the bottom, it might look like he is giving a fake bj.